Begin thinking about college and the schools you are interested in. Take some time to look into what each school has to offer. You may be wondering which school is best? What should I look for when researching colleges? There are a few websites that can help! Click on the links below for a fun and interactive way to get you thinking about what to pay attention to when browsing through different colleges. CollegeBoard will recommend schools based on your interests and preferences.
Here are some things to keep in mind when doing your research:
- Type of school: 2 year or 4 year
- School size
- Location (out of state, in state)
- Majors and Learning Environment
- Extracurricular activities and sports
Make a list of schools you are interested and want to apply to. Next step is looking through their requirements. What do you need in order to apply? Most importantly, make sure you visit these campuses. Often times students commit to schools they’ve never visited and halfway through the school year, students realize they do not like it there. Take advantage of free college tours over the summer.
- SAT Test date 3/11/17; Study, study, study!
- ACT Test Date 4/8/17; Registration Deadline 3/3/17
- ACT Test Date 4/8/17; Late Registration Deadline 3/11/17
- SAT Test date 5/06/17; Registration Deadline 4/7/17
- SAT Registration: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register
- ACT Registration:http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration.html
College Knowledge Night
Families keep an eye out for College Knowledge Night hosted by DVD and DVC! CKN will take place in April at DVD, more information coming soon!