Riordan Scholars Program (All Students Can Apply) – Wednesday
Riordan Scholars Program will host an information session on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 12:05 p.m. in Noel’s room. Please ask Brittany for a pass to leave class early to attend.
Information on Riordan Scholars:
The Riordan Scholars Program targets rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students who are college-bound and interested in developing the necessary leadership skills to succeed in college and business. The comprehensive program includes:
- Eight Saturday sessions
- Human resources and organizational behavior case study overviews led by UCLA Anderson faculty
- Team-based exploration of the stock market
- A real estate competition focusing on communities in Los Angeles
- Guest speakers from top industry leaders
- SAT preparatory workshops for 10th and 11th grade Scholars
- Personal mentors
- Professional development seminars that include résumé writing, interviewing techniques and networking workshops
Posse Foundation (11th grade students only) – Monday 5/2
The Posse Foundation will host an information session on Monday, May 2, 2016 at 12:35 p.m. in Donald’s room. This information session is open to 11th grade students only.
Information on The Posse Foundation:
Posse is a college access and youth leadership development program that identifies, recruits and selects student leaders from public high schools and sends them in groups called Posses to some of the top colleges and universities in the country. A Posse is a multicultural team made up of 10 students. It acts as a support system to ensure that each Posse Scholar succeeds and graduates from college. Posse Scholars receive four-year, full-tuition leadership scholarships from Posse partner colleges and universities.