Parents & families, an incident involving police activity occurred on Aviation Blvd. between El Segundo Blvd. and Rosecrans Blvd. near the 360 housing development around 10:00 am this morning. Upon hearing this, we immediately went into a soft lock down and contacted the police. They shared with us that the suspect was already in custody and that we were cleared from lock down. We will ensure there is additional staff presence at the dismissal of summer school today at noon.
Archives for June 2017
Class of 2017: If you are a student attending a Cal State or UC college in the fall, and if you listed your Antioch college courses on your application, your college is expecting to receive your Antioch transcript. Antioch shared they would mail them to the DVC front office but they have NOT arrived as of today, Monday June 26, 2017. Please note – your Da Vinci Communications final transcripts WERE sent out two weeks ago by your counselors.
We are working to obtain these as soon as possible, and are hoping they arrive by tomorrow (Tuesday 6/27), but in the meantime we strongly advise you to do the following:
- Contact the admissions office at your college and tell them that you were enrolled in a college program at your high school campus (Antioch University) and the transcript they have sent to Da Vinci Communications has not arrived yet. Let them know you will be able to pick it up from DVC upon their arrival (hopefully this week!) and mail it to them once you do so.
- You can go to the Antioch University LA office in Culver City and pick up a copy of your transcript and mail it to your school by no later than Thursday, June 29 so that it arrives by July 1.
- Their office is located at: 400 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230
Seniors and Juniors: How to Order Antioch Transcripts
Juniors and seniors who have taken Antioch University classes: here is how you order your transcripts:
Instructions on ordering your Antioch Transcripts
Instructions on ordering your Antioch Transcripts:
1) You can order additional transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse, here (there is a $10-15 fee):
If the link doesn’t take you directly to Antioch’s transcript request page, just select “Antioch University” from the drop down menu (not Antioch College).
Make sure you request the transcripts with a letter grade. Colleges won’t give you credit if you don’t have the letter grades.
Antioch courses will be listed on Da Vinci Communications “College Profile” that all colleges have access to, so they will see a note that says, for example, “US History Honors = Antioch University U.S. 102”
Instructions on getting credit from your colleges for your college courses:
- You need to have your syllabus from all of your classes. Find your syllabus here:
- Macroeconomics 102 Syllabus
- Political Science 101 Syllabus
- History 101 Syllabus
- More syllabi are available on the dvc portal: http://dvcportal.weebly.com/
- Advocate for yourself! A lot of times colleges will say “well this class doesn’t fit exactly the course we have here so we can’t give you specific credit, just general credit”. Fight to get specific credit for a specific course that is going to help you graduate. Search your college catalogue for the course that you think most closely matches the class you took at DV, and ask for credit for that specific class.
- If they don’t give you credit, ask to talk to a different counselor, or come back in a few weeks and see a different counselor.
Last Day of School, Graduation, SAT Prep
We would like to congratulate the class of 2017 as they graduate this evening! We look forward to celebrating your success in a few hours.
Thank you as well to all the parents, families, rising senior committee members and advisers who hosted the senior breakfast and awards yesterday. It was a wonderful morning send off for the senior family, and we are very thankful for your time and energy to make it happen.
Last Day of School – Normal Hours
Remember, the last day of school is a full day with a 9:00am start time. We’ll see you at 9:00am and we will dismiss at 3:55pm.
ACT Prep – Summer course
Juniors and sophomores: if you are here this summer, we highly encourage you to take this ACT prep course offered at DVC this summer. It will be a great way to boost your college admissions test scores without the workload of the school year competing for your time.