Attendance: Please note that student’s attendance at school is extremely important. Many studies have shown a direct correlation between student’s attendance and success in school, including GPA, test scores, and even success in college. Absences also decrease the amount of funding school’s receive, making it more difficult to fund all of the important work we do with our kids, including field trips, computers, academic coaches, etc. Thank you for ensuring that your kids are only missing school when they absolutely have to.
Cell Phones: Parents, please note that students are not allowed to use their phones in classes, even if they are receiving texts of voicemails from a parent. You are of course welcome to leave them a text or voicemail, but their phones should be off during class time. They can check their phones during passing period or lunch for messages for you.
Check out: Week 30 Athletics Flyer for next week upcoming games
Shout out to our Archery team!
We have our Olympic Archery in Schools (OAS) State Championships this Saturday, April 14th, at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA.
this is a pretty cool venue for our archers as they often get to see our U.S. Olympic team in action in between their own competitions.
We placed second overall in our Regional(LA)Championships March 17th, bringing home gold,silver, and bronze medals!
- Coffee With the Principal April 17th at 8:00 am
- Sophomore Night: April 23rd at 5:30 pm
- 11th Grade Upcoming events, please click Junior Events
- School Site Council Meeting: Tuesday April 17th, 4:15-5:30. Join us as we discuss LCAP and WASC activities and other school related issues for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school years. If you are interested in participating in WASC, please click: WASC Info
- All South Bay parents, teens, and educators are invited to the Families Connected Speaker Series event and Parent Expo on April 17, provided in partnership with Beach Cities Health District. Be sure to register today! Please visit the SBFC Event Calendar for other opportunities to connect with youth wellness information, a new teen mindfulness workshop, and the Parent Chat support group.
- Summer is approaching and it is good idea to start looking at different summer opportunities that can help build your college applications and offer you first hand experience in college environments and learning college level curriculum.
Please click 2018 Summer Programs to view a description on the different summer programs.
DEADLINES ARE APPROACHING!!!
WHEN: April 16, 2018 from 9am – 3pm
WHERE: Multi-Purpose Room
Sign up at https://tinyurl.com/BloodDriveSpring2018
MUST be 16 or older to donate. If student is 16 years old, a consent form is required and can be picked up from DVC Leadership.
- Da Vinci students have been offered a FREE oral interview class on Sunday, April 22nd from 8AM-12PM at the Hawthorne Police Station (12501 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250)!!
Don’t be mistaken. Although the target of this class is to prepare you for oral interviews (summer jobs, anyone?), it is also an excellent class for those of us who need a bit of practice of responding to questions and speaking on our feet in general.
Please sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054eafa729a6f94-killing
Join us, and take the first steps to change your life!
WEEK 30 SCHEDULE
-Coffee with the Principal 8am
-SSC Meeting 4:15-5:30 pm
-9th Grade Physical Fitness Test
-Boys’ JV Volleyball Home vs. Pacific Lutheran
-Boys’ Volleyball Home vs. Pacific Lutheran
-Girls’ Softball Home vs. Animo Leadership
ON THE HORIZON
- 4/23 Sophomore Night
- 4/26 NACAC College Fair