Hello parents of the Class of 2019!
Get ready—we’re just six weeks from graduation! Here are a list of upcoming senior events to mark on your calendar.
- Field Trip to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Situation Experience – Tuesday, April 30th:All seniors will leave campus at 6AM to travel to the Library and will spend the day in an exciting role-play experience where they will learn more about the relationship between the White House and the press, as well as crisis decision-making. They will also take a guided tour of the museum before returning around 6PM. This is a mandatory activity for all seniors—please ensure that they have returned their signed permission slips to Rob, and bring a sack lunch (or money for purchasing lunch at the cafeteria) and arrive promptly at 5:45 AM on Tuesday!
- Prom – Saturday, May 11th: Be Our Guest at the LAX Renaissance Hotel, 6-10PM! Tickets are on sale through TUESDAY! If your student hasn’t purchased their ticket already, please encourage them to do so! ($80, cash/check/credit card accepted). If your student purchased a ticket for themselves or a guest, they will need to return a signed contract before they will receive their ticket. Contracts are due Monday, May 6th.
- Senior Project POLs – Wednesday, May 22- Thursday, May 23: In lieu of regular POLs, seniors will present their senior projects to a panel of their advisors and clients/external partners. Parents are invited to attend; the schedule for the presentations will be published in mid-May.
- Senior Showcase – Friday, May 24 (2-5:30 PM): Seniors will present their senior projects in the black box theater for DVC students and teachers during 3rd period, and will continue the showcase until 5:30 PM for parents, clients/external partners, and community members. Pathway advisors will present awards for the winning projects in their class.
- Grad Nite – Tuesday, May 28: Seniors who purchased tickets for Grad Nite will leave campus at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, May 28 and spend the evening at Disney’s California Adventure Park. The 12th grade team will chaperone this event. We will return to campus around 3:30 AM on Wednesday, May 29th; please make arrangements for your student to have transportation home when they return from Grad Nite! Students who attend Grad Nite are not expected to attend classes on Wednesday, May 29th.
- Senior Finals – Thursday, May 30 – Friday, May 31: All 12th grade students will take final exams for their core classes during these two days.
- Senior Breakfast, Awards, and Graduation Practice – Monday, June 3: Join us for breakfast celebrating our seniors at 8:30 AM on June 2nd, followed by the Senior Awards ceremony. Students will also rehearse for graduation that morning and receive their caps and gowns for the ceremony.
- Senior Picnic – Tuesday, June 4: All 12th grade students will travel to Santa Monica for a picnic and fun on the beach! Please arrive at school for the morning session to receive your tickets for graduation.
- Last Day of School – Wednesday, June 5
- Graduation – Thursday, June 6: Graduation will take place on campus at 2PM. Each student will be given up to 15 tickets, which will be distributed on Tuesday, June 4th. Seating for graduation will be first come, first served.