DVC is seeking input from students, staff, families, and community members on the initial draft of the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. The purpose of this plan is to describe how DVC will address the impacts of COVID-19 and maintain continuity of student learning in the coming year. The final document will include our plans for:
- Providing distance learning and, when public health conditions allow, in-person instruction
- Measuring student progress and participation and address learning loss
- Providing supports for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, Students with Unique Needs, and Low-income students
- Ensuring access to devices and connectivity
- Providing resources and supports to address student and staff mental health and social emotional well-being
- Student and family engagement and outreach to reengage students who are absent, unengaged, or at risk of learning loss
- Providing school meals for students during distance learning and in-person instruction
- Increasing/improving services for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, and Low-Income students
DVC values stakeholder voice and input. This input will be used to guide revisions. A draft will be presented in a public hearing on Friday September 25, 2020 8:00-9:00 a.m. via zoom link https://zoom.us/j/91367888850 and the final draft will be presented for adoption at the September 30, 2020 6:00 p.m. board meeting.
All stakeholders are encouraged to provide comments on the Draft Plan. The Draft Plan and comment forms can be accessed at the links below.
REVIEW THE DRAFT PLAN LINKED HERE
SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS
Comments can be submitted using one of the following google forms:
English Comment Form LINKED HERE
Spanish Comment Form (Formulario de comentarios en español) LINKED HERE/VINCULADO AQUÍ