Planning for college and how to pay for it can be stressful. That’s why all of us at Da Vinci Communications want you to know about College Board Opportunity Scholarships. This new program guides every student through the college planning process and offers them a chance to earn money for college for each action they complete.
All students are eligible to participate in this program, beginning in December of their junior year. The program doesn’t require an essay or application, and it doesn’t have a minimum GPA or test score requirement.
Make sure your student joins the program to earn chances to earn scholarships from $500 to $40,000. At least half of all scholarships—$2.5 million per year—will be awarded to students whose families earn less than $60,000 per year.
Below are the six college planning actions, as well as the timeline to become eligible for scholarships.
- Build Your College List ($500): Between December of junior year and July before senior year
- Practice for the SAT® ($1,000): Between December of junior year and October of senior year
- Improve Your Score ($2,000): Between April of junior year and January of senior year
- Strengthen Your College List ($500): Between August and October of senior year
- Complete the FAFSA® ($1,000): Between October and February of senior year
- Apply to Colleges ($1,000): Between October and February of senior year
The more effort that students put in and actions they complete, the more chances they have to earn scholarships. To learn more, visit cb.org/opportunity. Click on CB Scholarship to view the flyer.