10/27/14 – Meeting Information
Family Association Meeting 10-28-14
1/21/14 – Meeting Minutes and Presentation attached here
Minutes 1-21-14 – DVC FamAssoc
Family Association Meeting 1-22-14_
Volunteer and Service Hour Opportunities!
Dear Friends and Super Star Volunteers!
Happy New Year! I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season!! We are getting back into the swing of things here at Da Vinci and are looking ahead to our volunteer needs for the next few months. Please let me know if you are available to assist with any of the tasks below. Also, please feel free to forward this email to other families and to share at your family association meetings, etc. Thank you so much!!!
Upcoming High School Information Meetings for Prospective Famililes (location: DVS Forum) – 3-4 volunteers are needed to help pass out materials and/or speak before the audience to share your experiences at Da Vinci.
Thursday, January 16, 2014 | 6-7:30 pm
Saturday, January 25, 2014 | 10-11:30 am
Thursday, February 13, 2014 | 6-7:30 pm
Saturday, February 22, 2014 | 10-11:30 am
Additional needs & news
- Callers – we need volunteers to assist making phone calls for Enrollment and Annual Giving. Enrollment calls can begin immediately and will go through approx Feb. 21. Annual Giving calls will be made during the month of Feb. We have phone “scripts” for both. Please help us recruit additional callers. We need more Spanish speaking callers, especially. Thank you!!!
- Speaking of Annual Giving, Northrop has kicked in another $15K so our matching gift challenge is now $45K. Every gift and pledge made by Feb. 28 will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $45K. Pledge payments must be received by June 1, 2014 to be eligible for the match. I hope you will consider an annual fund donation (thank you so much to those who have already given) and encourage others to give. http://www.davincischools.org/makeagift.shtml
- Pre- and Post-Lottery clerical help – Feb. 17 – Mar. 21 – folding, stuffing, photocopying, assembling packages, running mail through the postal meter, etc. It’s not glamorous work, but it is desperately needed! M/W/F needed, especially, during this period.
- Lottery Night – March 13 – we will be holding our first-ever online lottery – help is needed throughout the day and night; HS lottery is at 5:30pm, DVIA lottery is at 6:30pm.
- Registration Day – Apr. 26 – we need all hands on deck – registration for all incoming families K-12, 8:30am-2:30pm (breakfast provided)
Please ask volunteers to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with their availability, volunteer preferences, etc. Thank you very, very much. Your leadership and support are greatly appreciated!!!!
Meeting Minutes and POL information from 12/3/13
Family Association Meeting 12-3-13 Presentations of Learning – Introduction – Student Friendly
Annual Giving Campaign begins and continues through 2/28/14. Information has been emailed (if you didn’t receive it check your spam folder for an email from Dr. Wunder) and mailers will be going out soon. Click on this link to access information: https://davincischools.org/chevronchallenge.shtml – Click on “Give now and your donation will be doubled”. Onice Ming will be leading this effort for our Communications team. Please contact her at: email@example.com for any questions.