Dear DVC Students, Parents, and Guardians,
As we approach the halfway point of the academic year, it is a good time to remind everyone of the policies and procedures we have in place to keep all DVC students safe. Our DVC community has been terrific in notifying us of any concerns; our community is a safe one and we send this reminder to ensure the continued safety of our students by working together. As a reminder, any and all issues concerning student safety (from physical safety to emotional safety) should be reported to school staff immediately.
Parents & Guardians: If your student reports anything concerning to you, please bring the issue to the attention of school staff as soon as possible. Under no circumstances should parents or guardians approach another student (either on campus or off campus) to address a concern directly with the student.
Issues concerning student safety and well-being are always at the top of our priority list. We strive to provide all community members with many ways to contact us regarding any concerns. Students, parents, and guardians are encouraged to report any concerns to school staff as soon as possible using any of the following means:
- Complete the Incident Reporting Form, located on the sidebar of the dvc.davincischools.org webpage
- Call the front office of the school at (310) 725-5800 to report the concern
- Call or text the Principal (Erin D’Souza) at (310) 350-7192
- Call or text the Assistant Principal (Andrew Daramola) at (323) 435-1796
- Email any DVC staff member with the concern (all email addresses listed here)
- Complete a written incident report (blank copies at the front office)
The following resources address school safety and provide more details regarding policies and procedures:
- DVC Student Handbook 2022-2023
- Bullying Policy (Da Vinci Schools)
- Policy to Address Racist, Discriminatory and Dehumanizing Incidents
- Civility Policy
- Visitor Policy
- Comprehensive School Safety Plan: Da Vinci Communications
Thank you for partnering with us to ensure that safety is the number one priority! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Erin D’Souza, Principal
Andrew Daramola, Assistant Principal